Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Never, at least in my time...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Never, at least in my time...

    has there ever been a better politician than Barack Obama.

    I love his rhetoric, especally on Iraq and education policy.

    If the man balances the budget like he says, gets us out of Iraq safely and soundly, and in some way rebounds the economy, this conservative will be voting for him in 2012.

    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Never, at least in my time...

    Woahhhh, who is this really? lol

  3. #3
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Never, at least in my time...

    America will screw it up somehow. Reminds me a lot of JFK, and we all know how that ended.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Never, at least in my time...

    He has made me out to be a hypocrite. I will admit it.

    I have already casted my ballot in the other direction based on fiscal policy more than anything else.

    Obama is scary good and if he is able to actually accomplish much of what he is saying, then he will have my support.

    The Democrat Congress should be in place for him to get things done so we should get to see what he is made of.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  5. #5
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Never, at least in my time...

    I'm divided on him, I'm voting him for him over the war more than anything. We'll know how it is if he wins, if were not better in four years I'm voting republican because he'll have the support to accomplish what he preaches.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Never, at least in my time...

    I think that is the biggest problem, most dont have much faith in him. I guess a lot of the things he says, pertaining to actually fixing things, most just dont believe he can and will do it. Will he? Only time can tell, but lets give him a shot. If we can give Bush 2, we can shake things up a bit and try something new because the old ways just arent working anymore. I hope he works out and changes things for the better, I just hope America is willing to give him the shot I think he deserves - meaning I hope it doesnt happen like Pvfan says it will, he might be right...the odds certainly arent in his favor.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Never, at least in my time...

    Everything will be in place for him to be successful.

    My prediction is that the election will not be very close so Obama will not only have the support of the American people solidly behind, he will also have a strong majority in Congress, if not a filibuster proof Senate, and he also has the luxary of following Bush which makes the presidency standard VERY LOW, thus making it very conducive to a successful 4 years.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  8. #8
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Never, at least in my time...

    Very true, he will have all of the options to be successful. I dont know how well he will use them, but I hope and really believe he will use them well. I am sure he will make a few mistakes, but nothing, I think ,that will have that much of a negative impact like a lot of the Bush policies. They only fault I see in him now is that the hopes are really high and anything short of perfect execution of his plans will be an upset to quite a few.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •